WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client.
It runs on many platforms like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (bash/ubuntu and cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with optional plugins
- multi-protocols architecture (mainly IRC)
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free program released under the GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.
Latest stable version of WeeChat is 1.5,
released on May 1, 2016.
Follow and get involved!
You can follow latest WeeChat developments on:
You can help the WeeChat project in many ways:
- translation: software, documentation and this web site
- code: tests, bug reports, ideas for new features and patches
- donation: any contribution is appreciated and important for motivation.
More ››Upcoming events