WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client.
It runs on many platforms like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (cygwin).
- modular: a lightweight core with optional plugins
- multi-protocols architecture (mainly IRC)
- extensible with C, Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua, Tcl and Scheme
- fully documented and translated into several languages
- a free program released under the GPLv3 license
- an active project with a large community for scripts.
Latest stable version of WeeChat is 1.1.1,
released on Jan 25, 2015.
You can help the WeeChat project in many ways:
- translation: software, documentation and this web site
- code: tests, bug reports, ideas for new features and patches
- donation: any contribution is appreciated and important for motivation.
More ››Upcoming events